Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Have to Give Credit Where Credit is Due...

So.....Josie! You are one amazing Chick! Thanks for the inspiration behind all the RAVE reviews I have gotten simply by copying sweet little you!!!


Jeff turned two on the 4th. I cannot believe my baby is 2! He is such a little sweetheart and probably the smartest little two year old out there. He LOVES Elmo and Cookie monster, so I just whipped these little guys up! Not really. Funny story.





I am not usually one to ruin food, I consider myself to be a pretty good cook. This week, however, was a different story. Two Wednesdays ago was a busy day, so I decided to have a freezer meal that night. I took my stoneware cookie sheet out of the oven so it would heat up faster and forgot to put it back in to catch any drips. So, while I was at my meeting, I got a call from Jessica that the house was filling up with smoke. It had dripped all over the bottom of the oven. Oops #1. The following Sunday I decided to make roasted potatoes to go with our steak, and wouldn't you know it...I had forgotten about the spills in the oven and turned on the oven. Once again, the house was filled with smoke. Oops #2. Then last Wednesday, I knew it was going to be another busy day so before I went to my evening class with all the kids, I put the potatoes into the (now clean) oven and put some chicken breasts on the stove to simmer til we got home. We came home to, you guessed it, a house full of smoke. I had not put the chicken on simmer, but HIGH! Yikes!!! Oops #3. I got the house all de-stinked (I'm sure in some parts of the country that is a real word, so I'm going to go with it.) . That was Thursday. Jeffs birthday. I made up the batter and put the cupcakes and cake into the oven, timed beautifully to come out of the oven RIGHT when I got home from taking Maya and Bella to school. It was really rainy that day, so I drove them. And since we were already in the car, why not go fill up the gas tank and get a few things at Office Depot. As I was paying for my things I all of a sudden remembered the cakes in the oven and headed right on over to the grocery store to buy a new cake mix. Oops #4. I am thankful that that oops wasn't nearly as stinky as the previous 3. So there. I guess we all have our troubles and I think I have met my quota for a while.

On to Valentines day...



Another idea kiped right from my dear sister-in-law! I love them! We only had to make about 94, so it was only a little overwhelming.... :)! But fun! The kids love them and are so excited to give them out! BTW, all it is is a box of conversation hearts dressed up a little! With the right link at Family Fun and a few punches, you too, can make these beauties!

Well, there you go! A lovely new post! I have been doing this for 2 years now and have yet to hit 100 posts! I will get there soon enough, mark my words!

Oh, by the way, we are moving in June. I will make another post about that. :). That ought to take the total up to about 70 :).






7 comments:

Tony and Traci said...

Hehe. It happens to the best of us. I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me. Cute cupcakes and Valentines ipods. Super cute.

Amber said...

Too funny. You are amazing Emily.
Those cupcakes look so good..yum. Happy Bday to your little guy.
Love the ipod idea.
Where you moving?????? SLC?? Can't wait to find out, just don't wait 2months to tell us all ;) Actually, I go through spurts with blogging too so I totally understand.

libbie said...

I'm just gonna go ahead and copy those cupcakes for Lila. She will die. Really. I have never met a bigger fan of Elmo. Its hysterical!

The Yancey Family said...

Very cute!! I didn't know you guys were moving! Where?! I am going to be anxiously awaiting news!

Amberly said...

Yes, please tell us where you are moving to. I love the cupcakes and the cooking confessions. I must confess as cute as those cupcakes are, I am too dang lazy to make anything that time consuming. :)

CrazyinIdaho said...

Imitation is the best form of flattery. Yours turned out sooooo cute. I wish I could have seen them in person. Maybe soon. Your valentines were so neat and percise. Way better than mine. and I didn't do anywhere near as many. Way to go. I love a good Idea. especially when I can manage to pull them off.

run_Jo_run said...

Love the Ipods. So cute.