Monday, March 10, 2008

Lets Go Fly a Kite!

We had a pretty low key weekend, the highlight being the beautiful weather and that Ben was home. There was a gentle breeze just begging to be taken advantage of, so off we went to the park across the street to fly the new shark kite from Costco. The kids were all thrilled...for a while, and then the playground lured the little ones away.




Preparing for lift-off


The launch


Success! Isn't it a ferocious sight! We thought the birds might be a little nervous!


The inevitable not-so-soft landing.


I have to say that, as a novice kite flyer, I was rather impressed with Ben's kite flying skills! I must be aerodynamically challenged, because the instructions he was giving to the kids and I were new to me! But thanks to him, we were able to keep it up for quite a while!


Later that night we had popcorn as we watched Phinneus and Ferb and sent the kids to bed so Ben and I could have a "date". We put Jeff to bed and started watching "Becoming Jane" which I was kind of disappointed with. I don't know if it was the movie, or my snoring date, or the fact that my baby was sleeping and I wasn't. Even now, here I am at 11:45 pm and blogging instead of taking advantage a few precious minutes of sleep. When will I ever learn?


Well, thats our weekend in a nutshell. We love these kind of days where there is no pressure to do anything or be anywhere, but wish we had family and friends close by to enjoy them with. We miss you all!

8 comments:

SKH said...

What fun! All kids need to fly a kite a few times in their lives. If you guys lived here I would watch your kids so could go "OUT" on a date and Ben could snore in the Theater :) I can't believe how big your kids are. I am so excited to see you all this summer!

kthom said...

Lovely,breezy weather and kites..what a combo. I must agree on the movie review, saw it in the theatre with some lady friends. It wasn't that I didn't like it, I just wasn't that thrilled. And it doesn't take much to thrill me these days. Hope you're having a great day :) xo

Emily Oman said...

That looks like so much fun. Kennedy got Chad a kite for his birthday but we haven't used it yet. I am so jelous of your weather!!

My Three Sons said...

What a beautiful day. There's nothing better than a family outing to the park on a sunny day. We took our three little ones a couple of weeks ago. Vern was driving Chase's remote control Lightning McQueen car around the park. I kid you not, every child in the park was following Vern and the car for at least an hour. One old lady laughed and called Vern, "The Pied Piper"! Anyway, what a pretty park, too, it makes me want to move to Cali! And American Idol, I couldn't agree with you more about old Danny Noriega, although he was entertaining. Vern and I would laugh and laugh at his funny mannerisms and dancing!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Beware the late night blogging - it is so addictive!
Sorry you didn't like "Becoming Jane" - might just need to be in the right mood. I loved it.
What gorgeous weather you had.

CrazyinIdaho said...

I am so jealious of your green grass and warm weather. We are starting to get there but still not fast enough for me.Watched "becoming Jane" last weekend and felt exactly the same way about it. oh well.

Ashley said...

That looks like so much fun. I know what you are saying, it is 11:45 pm and I am looking at blogs. I should be sleeping as Zach is snoring away. Oh well.

Reil family said...

It is wonderful that you might be coming here for the blessing. We can’t wait to see you.